Follow these steps to create an EIDM account. This will give you access to portal.cms.gov for feedback for 2016 and prior, and qpp.cms.gov for feedback for 2017 and beyond.
The purpose of this guide is to provide you a high-level overview of the HIPAA requirements of MIPS, and an attempt to simplify a very complex concept. MIPS
MarsdenAdvisors can assist with the suprisingly complex process of accessing your Value-Based Care Feedback Reports provided by CMS. This includes:
-PQRS Feedback Reports
To approve us as a user:
The CMS Portal (EIDM) is where you can access all reports on how you performed on your 2016 PQRS and VM programs, and the QPP site, which shares a login with the EIDM is where you view everything related to the MIPS and APM tracks.
While these programs will be replaced with MIPS going forward, get use to this portal as it is where all feedback reports will be accessed. In order to access the CMS portal, you must have an Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) Account.
- Go to https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/PhysicianFeeSched/PFS-Carrier-Specific-Files.html
- Click on the latest year, All States
- Extract the files, then open the PDF
- Starting on page 6, look for your locality
- In the Carrier field, note down the last 2 digits of the Carrier number
- Go back to the folder, and look for your State File (It will be PF + State Abbreviation + Year + Revision), so for Louisiana it would be PFLA17A.
- Look at the 2 digit value in the 3rd set of the file, this will match the number in Step 5
- Delete all other rows that have different locality IDs
- Save this file
In order for someone other than yourself to submit data to CMS, you need to add them as a surrogate. If you received a request for access, click on the link in the e-mail or visit the Identity and Access Management System.
1. Login to the I&A Management System by using your username and password. This is the same username and password that you would use to access NPPES and PECOS. If you don't have a login, check with your billing staff or the provider.