- Go to https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/PhysicianFeeSched/PFS-Carrier-Specific-Files.html
- Click on the latest year, All States
- Extract the files, then open the PDF
- Starting on page 6, look for your locality
- In the Carrier field, note down the last 2 digits of the Carrier number
- Go back to the folder, and look for your State File (It will be PF + State Abbreviation + Year + Revision), so for Louisiana it would be PFLA17A.
- Look at the 2 digit value in the 3rd set of the file, this will match the number in Step 5
- Delete all other rows that have different locality IDs
- Save this file
In order for someone other than yourself to submit data to CMS, you need to add them as a surrogate. If you received a request for access, click on the link in the e-mail or visit the Identity and Access Management System.
1. Login to the I&A Management System by using your username and password. This is the same username and password that you would use to access NPPES and PECOS. If you don't have a login, check with your billing staff or the provider.