The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has begun sending out MIPS audits for the 2021 performance year this month. As CMS is still auditing 2019 and 2020 data, you may also receive requests for those years.
Let's review what to expect.
Who Gets Audited?
The Data Validation and Audit (DVA) process is meant to ensure data integrity for the entire MIPS program. Therefore, CMS randomly selects those who receive a DVA. In addition, those who were previously audited and found to be non-compliant with requirements, are more likely to get audited again.
How Will You Get Notified?
You will receive an email from the CMS contractor performing the audits, Guidehouse (MIPS_DVA@guidehouse.com). The email will be sent to the e-mail address associated with the MIPS submission’s Tax ID Number (TIN) in your QPP account.
The email will contain instructions and the list of Quality, Improvement Activities, and/or Promoting Interoperability measures on which you are being audited.
What Should I Do If I Am Selected?
If you are a MarsdenAdvisors client: Contact your Client Success Manager.
If you aren't a MarsdenAdvisors client:
The email will contain the following attachments:
- The Initial Request List
- This outlines the measure(s) being audited and the information you must provide.
- Submission Instructions
- A Walkthrough Video Tutorial on Submitting
You have 45 calendar days from the date on which the email is sent to submit the required information.
- Share this information with your practice colleagues.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to get alerts on this and other important issues. You can subscribe using the field in our website footer below.
- Contact your Client Success Manager if you have any questions.
- If you’re not a MarsdenAdvisors client and you want hands-on, personalized assistance, contact us and we will have your back.
If you have any questions on this, let us know!