On November 21, 2022, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) opened the preview period for quality performance information that will be publicly posted on clinician pages in Medicare Care Compare and in the Provider Data Catalog (PDC). We encourage you to preview your data as early as possible as the preview ends on December 20, 2022, at 8 p.m. ET. In this blog, we will cover why this is important, how to preview your data, and next steps.
What is the CMS Compare site and why is it important for your practice?
The CMS Care Compare website is intended to provide consumers with information on how well clinicians, hospitals, and other facilities deliver care to patients and to encourage providers to make continued improvements in care quality. Patients and caregivers can then make informed decisions about healthcare based on cost, quality of care, volume of services, and other data.
Who should preview their information?
- Eligible clinicians, groups, and virtual groups that submitted MIPS performance information.
- Clinicians, groups, and virtual groups who aren't MIPS eligible but voluntarily submitted MIPS performance information.
- Groups that submitted CAHPS for MIPS Survey data.
- ACOs should view their 2021 MIPS Performance Feedback or 2021 Quality Performance Reports to preview their data, as that information isn't included in this Preview Period.
How can I preview my information?
Preview your information by using the links below that provide step-by-step instructions and download the user guide for more information.
For additional assistance with accessing the QPP website or obtaining your HARP (QPP account) user role, contact the QPP Service Center at QPP@cms.hhs.gov.
To learn more about the 2021 QPP performance information that’s available for preview as well as the 2020 clinician utilization data that will be added to the PDC, you can access documents and additional resources from the Care Compare: Doctors and Clinicians Initiative page.
Please note that Accountable Care Organization (ACO)-level data isn’t available for viewing via the QPP site during the Preview Period. MIPS-eligible clinicians who participate in Medicare Shared Savings Program ACOs can preview their performance information in their 2021 MIPS Performance Feedback. Shared Savings Program ACOs can also review quality performance information in their previously provided 2021 Quality Performance Reports. The list of ACO performance information planned for public reporting is available on the Care Compare: Doctors and Clinicians Initiative page.
The Preview Period will close on December 20, 2022, at 8 p.m. ET
Please note the 2021 QPP performance information planned for public reporting in 2023 will be added to Care Compare and the PDC after all targeted reviews are completed. If you have an open targeted review request, you’ll still be able to preview your 2021 QPP performance information during the Doctors and Clinicians Preview Period.
What if there is an error?
Contact the QPP Service Center at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292 if you have scores that don’t match your MIPS performance feedback report or if you have questions about the Doctors and Clinicians Preview Period.
- Share this information with your colleagues.
- Check out our Raise Your MIPS Score + Online Reputation webinar for a quick rundown of major MIPS changes relevant to our clients' specialties.
- Subscribe to our blog via the popup on the blog pages to get alerts on this and other important issues.
- You can also subscribe to our newsletter using the field in our website footer below.
If you want hands-on, personalized assistance, contact us and we will have your back.